ReadySet collects telemetry data to help us diagnose issues and understand how users interact with our product.
This telemetry data is anonymous by default. Users can opt into providing a persistent identifier, or disable telemetry completely.
Telemetry is reported using the Segment (opens in a new tab) customer data platform.
Telemetry can be disabled by running the ReadySet installer with the
By default, ReadySet reports telemetry to an HTTP Tracking API Source (opens in a new tab) operated by ReadySet, Inc. A different source can be specified by setting the
RS_SEGMENT_WRITE_KEY environment variable to the write key corresponding to the source you wish to use.
Telemetry messages adhere to the Segment Track API spec (opens in a new tab). Each telemetry message contains a per-session anonymous UUID, an event name, a timestamp, and 0 or more properties. If the
RS_API_KEY environment variable is set, its value will be used as the user ID.
The following OpenAPI schema describes all possible telemetry payloads reported by ReadySet:
components: schemas: TrackBody: type: object properties: userId: type: string description: the value in the RS_API_KEY env var, if present anonymousId: type: string description: a per-session UUID event: enum: - adapter_start - adapter_stop - server_start - server_stop - installer_run - deployment_started - deployment_finished - deployment_torn_down - installer_finished properties: $ref: '#/components/schemas/Properties' timestamp: type: string format: date-time required: - anonymousId - event - timestamp Properties: type: object properties: db_backend: enum: - mysql - postgres adapter_version: type: string server_version: type: string docker_version: type: string commit_id: type: string
Below are brief descriptions of each possible event:
- Server Start: The ReadySet server was launched
- Server Stop: The ReadySet server was shut down
- Adapter Start: The ReadySet adapter was launched
- Adapter Stop: The ReadySet adapter was shut down
- Installer Run: The ReadySet installer was launched
- Deployment Started: A deployment of ReadySet was initiated by the installer
- Deployment Finished: The ReadySet installer finished deploying a new instance of ReadySet
- Deployment Torn Down: The ReadySet installer finished tearing down a deployment
- Installer Finished: The ReadySet installer exited successfully